Amazon Web Services (AWS) delivers a scalable cloud computing platform designed for high availability and dependability,providing the tools that enable you to run a wide range of applications. Helping to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your systems and data is of the utmost importance to AWS, as is maintaining your trust and confidence. The AWS infrastructure has been architected to be one of the most flexible and secure cloud computing environments available today. It is designed to provide an extremely scalable, highly reliable platform that enables customers to deploy applications and data quickly and securely.
- Built-in firewalls that allow you to create private networks within AWS, and control network access to your instances and subnets
- Encryption in transit with TLS across all services
- Connectivity options that enable private, or dedicated, connections from your office or on-premises environment
- DDoS mitigation technologies as part of your auto-scaling or content delivery strategy
- Data encryption capabilities available in AWS storage and database services, such as EBS, S3, Glacier, Oracle RDS, SQL Server RDS,and Redshift
- Flexible key management options that allow you to choose whether to have AWS manage the encryption keys or maintain complete control over your keys
- Dedicated, hardware-based cryptographic key storage options for customers to help satisfy compliance requirements.
- Deep visibility into API calls, including who, what,when, and from where calls were made
- Log aggregation and options, streamlining investigations and compliance reporting
- Alert notifications when specific events occur or thresholds are exceeded