Think of water as a nutrient your body needs that is present in liquids, plain water, and foods. All of these are essential daily to replace the large amounts of water lost each day. In fact, it has become the second most popular drink (behind soft drinks). When your water intake does not equal your output, you can become dehydrated. Fluid losses are accentuated in warmer climates, during strenuous exercise, in high altitudes, and in older adults, whose sense of thirst may not be as sharp.
Benefits of drinking water
- Drinking water helps maintain the balance of body fluids.
- Water can help control calories.
- Water helps energize muscles.
- Water helps keep skin looking good.
- Water helps your kidneys.
- Water helps maintain normal bowel function.
As i cannot go much into the medical benefits what water can pour in, let us have a look at an app which will help you remind when to take water and in what quantities in a given day. People which still have their alarm in the virtually invisible mode on their devices, may not like this app as it will raise notifications in the way you configure it. Water Drink Reminder, we will be referring it as WDR through out this blow is available in free and pro ( INR 130 ) versions on the Google Play Store. This app reminds you to drink enough water. Featured by Google Play! No.1 heath app over 30 countries, top 5 over 90 countries! The best water tracker app ever! Helps you stay hydrated.
Just enter your current weight, and Water Drink Reminder will help you determine how much water your body needs every day. After taking your weight it will calculate the quantity of water you should take in a day. As an add-on it will ask for your weather conditions and if you are a sports person, if agreed it will add an additional cup based on its own algorithm. Remember to update the app each time you drink a cup of water.You can chose different types of fluids and quantity you require. Then the app will remind you when it's time for another drink. Hydration helper not only tracks what you drink, but also reminds you when it's time for another drink.
The app will also provide reports to monitor weight and water drinking reports. It enables different types of reminders and notification tones.
Key Features include:
* Water tracker that will remind you when and how much water to drink throughout the day
* Customized cup and standard (oz) or metric (ml) units
* You can set your start and end time to drink water for each day
* Graph and logs of your schedule
* Syncs weight data with Google Fit.
* Syncs weight and drink water data with S Health.
* You can login through your Google account.
* You can backup and restore your drinking data through the water tracker.
GOOGLE PLAY AWARD: TOP DEVELOPER